Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's Law School Made Easy!


As some of you (more correctly speaking, BOTH of you) may know, I am currently looking for an institution of higher education from which I may purchase a law degree. I don't want to spend more time in a classroom, I don't want to take more tests, I never, EVER want to litigate. Heck, I don't even want to take the bar! I just want the J.D. after my name so I can command a better salary in my field. (Wow, clearly I'm so shallow you could fly fish in me, but hey...)

Anyhoo, I just went to PBS.org and found a great little game called Talking About My Constitution. I urge each of you (and again, by "each" I mean "both") to go to the PBS Website (http://www.pbs.org/wnet/supremecourt/capitalism/constitution.html) and take the quiz. Be sure to come back and tell me how you did.

I scored highest in First Amendment Rights, but only got half the Civil Rights questions correct. Hmmm...maybe I should study more before I continue in my quest to purchase a law degree. Better yet, anyone know a scalper?

2 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Tell us (and by "us", I mean all of us) what are the no-so-subtle differences of each time zone that you've lived in.
Is it true that in the very ancient past, the Earth had no moon? Tell us about the big scarey reptiles, too. That time zone interests me.

One Southern Belle said...

Difference in time zones, huh? Well, I can say that as you move east, people generally dress better, darker, and...welll...more.

The north is abrupt and efficient, the South is stylish and charming, the mid-west is hearty, the west coast is earthy, in Texas things are, well...they're just Texas, and here in the mountain west, people are all about open spaces. Hope these descriptions suffice.

As for the big scary reptiles from the ancient past...honey, that's what we call Southern Democrats.